President Dahlem Enterprises, Inc. | Vice President Dahlem Realty Company
- (502) 814-0292
- Louisville, KY
Jim Dahlem graduated in 1988 from Centre College of Kentucky with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science. His education and interest took him from the campus to the White House working in the Presidential Advance office for President Ronald Reagan. He assisted in the Presidential Transition Office between the Reagan and Bush Administrations before taking a permanent position as Special Assistant to Senator Mitch McConnell, Kentucky’s senior United States Senator and current Republican Leader of the United States Senate.
In 1990, Jim joined Dahlem Realty Company as the property manager for one million square feet in Dahlem property holdings. He is active in acquisition, disposition and development for the company.
In addition to the CCIM designation, Jim also holds a Masters Degree in Real Estate and Construction Management from the University of Denver’s Daniels College of Business, Burns School of Real Estate and Construction Management. Jim is also an adjunct professor at the University of Denver’s Daniels College of Business, Burns School of Real Estate and Construction Management.
Jim’s other professional and civic responsibilities include:
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- Past State Director (1996-1999)
- Past Government Affairs Chairman (1990-1995)
- Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM)
- Greater Louisville, Inc. (Metro Chamber of Commerce)
- Current Co-Chairman of the Competitiveness Committee
- Current member of the Public Policy Committee
- Past Executive Committee Member
- Past member of the Board of Directors
- Current Member of the Hosparus Finance Committee
- Past member of the University of Louisville Family Business Center Board of Advisors
- Past Co-Chair of the Commercial Council of the Homebuilders Association of Louisville
- Past member of the Board of Trustees of the Sacred Heart Schools at the Ursuline Campus in Louisville, Kentucky
- Founder and Chairman of the Louisville Business Association (LouBA)